With Facebook reaching the 500 million user milestone in July, it’s hard to believe that 47% of small business owners don’t think that Facebook, Twitter or even LinkedIn are beneficial to their business. Here are some additional staggering facts:
- 81% of entrepreneurs still don’t take advantage of social media
- 47% don’t think that Facebook, Twitter or even LinkedIn are beneficial to their business (I know this is a repeat, but I still can’t believe it!)
- 40% of small businesses don’t have a web site
- 84% don’t provide for e-commerce
- 62% don’t use email marketing
Why is this? Small business owners are busy…trying to run their small business. How could you possibly make time for building a solid email list when you hardly have time to do payroll each week? And what if you don’t even know how to go about gathering email addresses, know the system where you should collect them, what you would send them if you had these addresses. This is all overwhelming.
There are numerous low-cost and even free tools available to help get you started, not to mention great online marketing experts.