Account Strategist Job Opening
About Marketing Refresh
Marketing Refresh is a Digital Marketing Agency specializing in B2B industries, including manufacturing, construction, construction services, and logistics. We are looking for an experienced Account Strategist with a passion for helping clients build a digital marketing function and support the sales organization with strong lead generation programs. We are a fun team of go-getters that believe in putting our best foot forward each day.
The Account Strategists are critical to our team because they set the tone for the entire project. They are responsible for understanding the client’s business and essentially acting as their CMO – building strategies, making recommendations, and overseeing the team of individual contributors. You will become an expert in each of your client’s businesses and determine strategies that will deliver results. The Strategist role is supported by an Account Manager who will handle the day-to-day task management and meeting preparation.
In this role, you will oversee and guide the strategy for a variety of types of marketing projects, including content strategy, websites, SEO, blogging, email, social media, paid media, sales collateral, and more.
- 8+ years of experience building strategies for B2B companies with a sales team
- 8+ years experience with online marketing, search, social media, and email marketing best practices
- 2+ years of agency or client services experience preferred
- Track record of success that you can speak to (from conception to results)
- Proficiency in digital marketing platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, WordPress, SproutSocial, HubSpot, Salesforce
- Own the strategy, oversight, analysis, and communication for 8-10 client accounts.
- Work alongside an Account Manager to coordinate a team of SEO strategists, ad managers, copywriters, designers, and developers to deliver your strategy.
- Demonstrate a confident level of expertise in a wide range of marketing applications – from overall marketing strategy to specific digital marketing deliverables including content creation, keyword research and analysis, reporting and program performance, website strategy, email marketing, social media, ad strategy, and more.
- Develop an expertise on the business of each of your clients to marry with your marketing expertise for your strategies. This includes maintaining a working knowledge of the trends, current events, and competitive landscape for that space.
- Recommend new channels (or removal of channels) as needed to optimize the effectiveness of your strategies. We do not create client templates. Every strategy is customized to what will be effective based on the needs of our individual clients.
- Work with the Account Manager to ensure everything stays on schedule, performs optimally, and stays within budget.
- Lead the creation of monthly performance goals, assessment of successes, areas for improvement, and recommendations for the future.
- Review, edit, and oversee the content development process. You are the final step to ensure that the content is within brand, meets your objectives, and is without error.
- Contribute to the growth of Marketing Refresh with occasional blogging and other forms of digital marketing.
- Competitive compensation package
- Health insurance with company contribution
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Virtual work environment