Digital marketing is an essential part of any business strategy, regardless of the industry or size of the company. However, with so many channels and tools available, knowing where to start or how to optimize your efforts can be overwhelming.
If you’re located in Houston, then you’re in luck. Our thriving city is home to many digital marketing experts who specialize in manufacturing and industrial businesses. By working with a digital marketing consultant, you can save time and resources while achieving measurable results. In addition, with a more substantial online presence, you can attract new leads, build brand awareness, and ultimately grow your revenue.
Let’s dig deeper into why you should book a digital marketing consultation in Houston.
Booking a Digital Marketing Consultation in Houston
In this blog, we’ll explore the key points of booking a digital marketing consultation, what you can expect during the process, and what to expect upon completion.
Why Should You Book a Digital Marketing Consultation?
It can be challenging to prioritize your marketing efforts when you’re focused on serving your clients while also lacking strategic marketing expertise. By booking a digital marketing consultation, you will get an assessment from people who are experts and can help identify priorities, budgets, and expectations. You will also begin to assess if the company providing the consultation would be a good fit with your team.
Houston’s agency market is huge, but it can be fragmented. You can find a handful of large agencies, an abundance of small-to-midsize agencies, and many freelance marketers.
- With large digital marketing agencies, you’re working with a more established reputation with extensive resources, but it can come with the cons of higher cost, lack of personalization, and potential communication challenges due to a more complex organizational structure.
- With small-to-midsize digital marketing agencies, you may need help figuring out which is the right fit when they offer similar services and pricing.
- With freelance marketers, you won’t get the complete skill set your business needs. Many freelance marketers have one particular skill, forcing you to work with more agencies, which can consume more of your time.
Something that can help you differentiate options in the small-to-midsize agency space is the amount of education and data you are provided with during the consultation.
What Should You Expect in a Digital Marketing Consultation?
The great news about a digital marketing consultation in Houston is there is no cost, and it provides an opportunity to determine if there is a company culture and personality fit between teams.
The questions you can expect are:
- Who are you, and why did you start your business?
- What do you sell?
- Who is your target audience?
- Do you have any main competitors?
- What are your growth goals?
- Do you use a sales team? How many people are on the sales team?
- Do you utilize a CRM or marketing automation tools?
- Have you done marketing in the past?
- If so, what has or hasn’t worked?
- Do you have an in-house marketing team?
- Are there specific marketing channels you want an agency to support?
- Is this your first time using a marketing agency?
By having this initial conversation, the agency can better gauge what you’re looking for and whether or not they are the best team to help.
At Marketing Refresh, we allot 30-45 minutes for this initial consultation. If it seems like we could be a good fit, there may be some follow-up questions to gather additional information.
In some cases, we will request access to some systems like your website login, Google Analytics, Google Ads, or LinkedIn so that we can identify specific areas for improvement. This is also a good time to mention that if our post-consultation analysis takes more than a few hours of our time to review, then we will recommend a more comprehensive digital marketing audit for a project fee.
What Happens After the Consultation?
After the meeting, here are the next steps:
1. The Marketing Refresh team will do an internal review.
Our team will review the information gathered during our consultation, as well as any data we can gather through our digital marketing subscriptions. We will use our client framework to identify gaps between your existing program and our proven B2B methodologies for success.
2. We’ll recommend types of projects and/or strategies.
Two of the most important projects to consider are the competitor gap analysis and the buyer’s journey.
- The competitor gap analysis can help you quickly identify the opportunities needed to catch up to key competitors and how to stand up against their digital marketing efforts.
- The buyer’s journey helps map out your decision-makers and influencers. It’ll then go into detail on what information and steps they need to move them through their decision-making process.
These projects will effectively help your digital marketing efforts and lead generation.
3. We’ll provide you with pricing and a road map.
We want to make sure everything is easy for you to read and understand.
We’ll provide pricing for each project and/or service in an annualized format. We’ll also lay it out in a timeline format to make budgeting easier.
4. We’ll then convene and discuss our ongoing relationship.
By meeting and discussing the ongoing marketing efforts, we want to build trust and confidence to ensure you’re excited about your new business growth.
Are You Ready to Unlock Your Full Potential?
Finding the right fit can make or break your business’s marketing goals. You want to find an agency that not only has a proven track record of driving results but one with the communication style, work ethic, and culture that meshes with your team.
Consider working with the Marketing Refresh team. Book your FREE digital marketing consultation in Houston today.