Marketing Refresh, founded in 2009, is a B2B digital marketing agency based in Houston. We are looking to expand our team of freelance copywriting resources. This is a virtual role with a flexible work schedule.
Our freelance copywriters are a critical extension of our team because they help communicate each client’s message and improve website keyword rankings. In this role, we are looking for a copywriter with strong blog writing skills and experience, plus an understanding of SEO blog writing best practices.
We currently have an immediate need for ongoing work in the following industries:
- Supply chain / Logistics
- Construction / Construction Services
We are also looking to build depth of resources in the following industries:
- Commercial Banking
- Environmental Engineering
- Staffing / Resource Management
- Family Law
- Document Management (Specifically for the Government Market Segment)
- Homebuilding / Construction Services
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Write clear, compelling blogs for each assignment.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills. (As you can see, we utilize the Oxford Comma!)
- Follow best writing practices for blog content (e.g., formatting the blog in Google Docs, utilizing H2 and H3 headers, and including a CTA at the conclusion of each blog).
- Ensure that content flows, addresses pain points, and answers the reader’s questions.
- Ability to process information provided by the client to turn into compelling blog content.
- Collaborative work style and ability to complete writing assignments within deadlines.
- Willingness to take direction from clients, receive feedback, and make edits as needed.
- Meet blog submission deadlines.
- Work within our project management tool (Teamwork).
IMPORTANT: This Is What’s Provided to You
- Competitive pay; typical pay model is price per word.
- Access to the Content Calendar for the assigned client.
- Questionnaires/other forms of input for each blog.
- Google Doc template to drop in the written blog and Meta description.
- Primary keyword to target with each blog.
- SEO blog prompt with related keywords to utilize in each blog.
- Target word count for each blog.
- Listing of Top 10 competitive websites targeting each keyword to guide you on how to differentiate our client’s blog content.
- Target persona and their stage of the buyer’s journey to address pain points and questions.
- The desired Call to Action (CTA) for each blog.
If you are interested, please email your contact information, list of industry expertise, and writing samples to:
Email: [email protected]