It’s no secret that having relevant content on your website can benefit your dealership. Developing a content strategy that contains many moving parts such as social media, blogs, SEO, email campaigns, and messaging can be overwhelming to most business owners.
For many dealerships maintaining their existing content strategy can seem like a chore. Thats why we’re here to help! We’ve put together three areas you can focus on to ‘turn the key’ on your content strategy.
Model and Trim Descriptions
- Write individual pages for each one of your models describing available options, awards, and benefits.
- Know your audience. Describe the model in ways that people can relate to. Don’t focus on being too feature specific. Be creative!
- Put your SEO hat on! Try to think about how to incorporate things or events people will be familiar with in your geographic location. When it comes to SEO this can be one of the most beneficial parts of your content strategy.
Your blog is a wonderful way to give your dealership a voice online. Use your blog to connect with your customers and establish trust. Being the ‘go to’ website for educational material about your models can generate leads.
- Use relevant keywords that will help you with organic rankings. Asking your sales team what they get asked about the most is a good start.
- Don’t be afraid to be creative. This is about creating a voice for YOUR dealership right?
- Write for the customer. Your blog shouldn’t be another way to deliver a sales pitch. Instead, use your blog to get to the sales pitch. Focus your blog around things that will generate interest and initiate contact.
Many dealerships have adopted YouTube for all there videos. YouTube is a great way to gain access to a broader audience, but can fall short when it comes to SEO.
- Get the credit. By hosting your own videos you get the SEO benefits, not YouTube.
- Platforms like Wistia are a great way to start your own video archive and drive traffic to your dealership website.
- Focus on Connection. Videos are an excellent creative tool to drive website traffic, but also for your connection strategy. Don’t be afraid to feature your Management and staff as a way to connect a personality and face to your dealership.
The ‘Drive Away’
These are some great ways to get you started but certainly not the only avenues you can pursue. Remember that your goal is to create content that your customers can utilize and are interested in.
It is all about relevant information NOT keyword stuffing. Establishing an archive of relevant information will not only connect you with your audience but maximize your search results within Search Engines.
Getting all of these things working together in a cohesive strategy can be overwhelming. That’s why our team at Marketing Refresh is committed to helping you on your journey.
Give us a call or contact us on our site for more details on how we can help you get started!